Wren Photography is reader-supported. When you buy through a link on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional costs to you. Learn More
If you are someone trying to figure out a way to use the PS4 camera on your PC, stick around, as by the end of this article you’ll completely know how to do it.
Who doesn’t like to stream games, do random video calls, have web chats? If you are one of them, you would be happy to know that you will be able to do that via your PS4 as well.
You can use your PlayStation 4 camera to record gameplay and stream it on various platforms like Twitch. Not only PS 4 camera, but you can also use any PS4 compatible webcam to stream using XSplit Broadcaster.
To use the PlayStation console 4 camera on your PC, all you need is your cam and a PS4 console (running PS4 OS v2.0 or greater). Having this is more than enough to use your PS4 cam on pc and record gameplay that can be streamed online as well.
How to use a PS4 Camera on PC?
To use a PS4 Camera on PC Follow these steps:
- You need to install the PS4 camera software on your computer.
- Now Connect the PS4 camera using an adapter to the USB port on your windows computer. Note: The camera module currently only supports USB 3.0 and does not work with USB 2.0. If you still want it to work, you can buy an adapter.
- Go to this site and download PS4 drivers. Download Link
- Once Download Finishes, extract the zip and Run InstallDriver.exe
- In the same folder that you extracted open and run OrbisEyeCameraFirmwareLoader.exe
- Go to the start menu, search and open Device Manager. If all is done correctly, you will be able to find the USB Camera-OV580 in the camera section.
- You can test the PS4 camera using the inbuilt camera app that is used for the webcam on Windows 7/8/10.
Video Tutorial to use a PS4 Camera on PC
You can also check out this video if you are facing problems.
What is a PS4 camera?
The PS4 camera consists of 2 cameras that come with a resolution of 1200x800p (720p HD). This dual cam setup can operate in different modes depending upon the needs of the application or the game. The lenses have an F/2.0 aperture along with a 30 cm focus distance. The field of view that you get is of 85 degrees.
It was released on 15 November 2013 and is an update to the PlayStation Eye (A camera for the PS3). The function of this camera is used to detect motion and is a camera accessory for the PS4. It can also be used to track PS VR headsets.
What makes this camera unique is the four-channel microphone array which helps to reduce the background noise. It is also capable of receiving voice commands. It can record in RAW and YUV formats and it connects to the console via a specific port on the camera module.
These were the simple steps to run a PS4 camera or any PS4 compatible camera on a PC. For any doubts, feel free to drop a comment below. You can also check out the video above that completely summarizes the full procedure.